Professional Limited Liability Companies
Professional LLC Checklist
Learn more about Professional Limited Liability Companies (PLLC)
Member Information Change in a PLLC
Check Pricing for a NY State PLLC
Contact us for a quote for all other states
Order On- Line
Order by Fax
Professional Limited Liability Company Check List
To place an order for a professional LLC, please do the following:
1. Place your PLLC order through our website in Order On - Line section, or print out the Service Request form.
2. Print out the corresponding Affidavit form.
3. Fax the forms to 1-518-375-9351, together with a copy of your professional registration/license.
NY State Professional LLC fees schedule
$445-Economy Service Package
$500-Complete Service Package
$525-Complete Plus Service Package
Professional limited liability companies (PLLC's) are limited liability companies organized for the purpose of providing professional services. Usually, professions where the state requires a license to provide services, such as a doctor, chiropractor, lawyer, accountant, architect, or engineer, require the formation of a professional PLLC
The meaning of the term "professionals" can vary from state to state, but typically includes professions that require a license-such as doctors, chiropractors, lawyers, dentists, accountants, architects, or engineers. Depending upon your selected state of incorporation, the following activities may be classified as Professional Services.
- Accounting and Financial Services
- Architectural Services
- Legal Services
- Medical Services
Depending upon your state of incorporation, there may also be restrictions that require the profession to be listed as part of your company name (i.e., Smith Architects, PLLC).
Our Incorporation Specialists can assist with answering additional questions you may have about Professional LLCs or your specific state of formation.
Appropriate name ending for a Professional LLC
The professional LLC uses the designation Professional Limited Liability Company or PLLC.
Adding/Removing member(s) in a Professional LLC:
Please provide us with the following:
- Filled in and signed Minutes of Meeting of the Board of Members(feel free to use/modify the attached sample form).
- Copies of licenses or registrations of the members that will be added/removed.
- A registration document of the PLLC (filing receipt, Articles of Organization).
The normal turnaround time for this service is about 3 weeks. The cost of service is $110, which includes:
- filing the new member(s) with the Education Department
- obtaining the official Good Standing Letter from the Education Department, Reflecting the changes (in this case the Good Standing Letter is the document that confirms the information changes).